Saturday, November 19, 2005

Skin Care: Was it Skin ?

Skin Care: Was it Skin ?

By Alevoor Rajagopal

This Thursday I had been to Hubli, a prominant commercial town in northern Karnataka. It was for a marriage that I went there. The marriage went on well and I socialized with all those of my aquaintances. So it was good going till I saw something unusual.

I saw a baby al little less than a year old. And it is the skin of the baby, a girl, that intrigued me to no end. The baby was very fair skinned and her parents were affluent.

Her skin, just infront of her both ears and sides of her nose was apparently peeling off. Though it was not still unsightly, it sure was unusual. What is more - the skin of her lower eye lid and below the eye brows had folded and wrinkled. Just for a moment, the thought that crossed my mind was it could be placental remains that is coming off now. But the baby was almost an year old. And any one would easily rubbish such thoughts of placenta still coming off baby's skin. So what was it?

By this time the baby, playfully was trying to take my pen off my shirt pocket. I noticed she was healthy in general and strong enough like all normal babies. When she did pick up my pen, I saw her skin folded in between phalanges. It was normal to have folds on bone joints but definetely it was the first time I saw in between.

Any ways, it was unusual as I told you in the begining. Her skin was peeling off or folded or both on most of her body. I could notice more of this scene on her back through the deep cut frock she wore. She was innocent and unaware of this.

I consoled myself that it cannot be a serious or contageous disease. I thought it could be also because of biting the cold at Hubli to which she was new. It also occured to me her parents must have not taken lightly to this. I thought I should discuss this with my sister (a doctor) once I am back in Mysore. I know it may not help her though. But if a simple treatment existed or better still, if this was preventable, one could identify this at first indication and go about it. I want to know if this affects adults too.

I hope to write what ever results from my discussion with my sister. It can just help some one reading this blog. It may not be a long lasting problem but it could be pretty irritating.
Link

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger TruCoat Painters said...

proactiv solution

Proactiv Solution is the best otc acne treatment available.

http://www.crescatsententia.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon